Shea Maria Inc

Shea Maria Inc
Shea Frostings

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Love Affair with Castor Oil

 Hello everyone,
I gave you all the scoop on my staple products. I wanted to talk about castor oil. My affair with castor oil begin in March. I had no idea castor was used to promote hair growth. When I first purchased  the small bottle. I was going to test it in a new product for Shea Maria. I saw how thick this oil  was and decided  to use it as a sealant. Omg, I love how this oil makes my hair shiny. I used the refined castor oil which the scent is not as harsh. I currently use the Home Health brand or Jamaican Black Castor oil. Castor oil  has made my hair grow when I used it on a constant basis.
What is castor oil?
Castor oil is a vegetable oil obtained from the castor bean (technically Castor seed as the Castor plant, Ricinus communis (Euphorbiaceae), is not a member of the bean family). Castor oil (CAS number 8001-79-4) is a colorless to very pale yellow liquid with mild or no odor or taste. Its boiling point is 313 °C (595 °F) and its density is 961 kg/m3.[1] It is a triglyceride in which approximately 90 percent of fatty acid chains are ricinoleic acid. Oleic and linoleic acids are the other significant components.
Castor oil is used not only for hair care but it is used for  laxative, dry skin, and labor induction just to name a few ways to use Castor oil. I am color treated and moisture retention is something I cannot lack.
Castor oil is not expensive, it can be found in Health Foods store locally or online shops for the Jamaican Black Castor Oil brand.


Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Home Health Castor Oil


                           
                                          I will show you my hair before and after Castor oil

Twist out  Before Castor Oil

Twist out & still dull looking!




 





Testing Castor oil

My twist outs now with Castor oil and the results are Fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment